Speech and Language Therapy
At Talk About Therapy, we also specialize in a variety of speech therapy interventions to help our children and families in the Atlanta area. Our therapists are experienced with a wide variety of interventions to treat a variety of difficulties children commonly face, such as:
- Expressive Language Disorders
- Receptive Language Disorders
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication)
- Articulation Disorders
- Phonological Disorders
- Social Pragmatic Disorders
Please click here to learn about how they can affect your children, and how we can provide private speech therapy to help.
Signs your child may benefit from a speech and language evaluation
Does your child have difficulty…
- Being understood by adults or peers?
- Engaging and interacting with other children?
- Developing imaginative pretend-play scenarios and schemes?
- Producing or imitating speech sounds?
- Understanding/following directions?
- Expressing their thoughts, wants, and needs without frustration?
If you have observed any of these behaviors, we can provide speech therapy for kids and speech therapy for toddlers to help. Click here to learn more about how to identify speech and language developmental milestones in your child.
Beckman Oral Motor Protocol
We are trained and certified in the Beckman Oral Motor approach!
We have worked with families to help children improve on issues such as:
- Excessive drooling
- Teeth grinding (Bruxism)
- Hypersensitivity (e.g. difficulty with brushing teeth)
- Swallowing difficulties
- Gagging issues
To learn more about how we use the Beckman Oral Motor approach and how it can benefit your child, please click here.
Feeding & Swallowing Therapy for Kids
At Talk About Therapy, we pride ourselves in specializing in a variety of feeding and swallowing interventions to help our children and families in the Atlanta area. Our therapists are experienced with a wide variety of interventions to treat a variety of difficulties children commonly face, such as:
- Delayed Feeding Milestones
- Picky Eaters
- Food Aversion
- Sensory-Based Feeding Issues
- Oral Motor Disorders – certified Beckman Oral Motor Protocol
Please click here to learn about how they can affect your children, and how we can provide feeding therapy to help.
Who benefits from feeding and swallowing therapy?
- Children with delays in meeting feeding milestones
- Picky eaters
- Food aversion
- Sensory-based feeding issues
- Oral-motor disorders
Is your child exhibiting any of these behaviors?
Learn more about how these can affect your child and how we can provide pediatric feeding therapy to help here.
Lip Tie & Tongue Tie Therapy
Up to one-third of all children are born with a tongue (or lip) tie, and these ties can cause difficulties with feeding, speaking, sleeping, and other functions. At Talk About Therapy, we specialize in tongue tie care and therapy to provide children and parents with continued improvement and life-long success.
My newborn won’t latch, is she lip/tongue-tied?
Common breastfeeding problems that may signal lip tie or tongue tie:
- Nipple pain while breastfeeding
- Poor latch
- Plugged ducts
- Baby is fussy at the breast
- Slow weight gain
- Breasts not emptied at feedings
- Baby makes a clicking sound while nursing
- Colic (periods of significant distress in an otherwise well-fed, healthy baby)
- Low milk supply or oversupply
- Overfeeding and/or underfeeding a baby are some of the most commonly explored causes of colic and can result from breastfeeding problems and milk supply issues
Help! Breastfeeding hurts! Is my baby tongue tied?
- Nipple pain breastfeeding
- Damaged nipples
- Nipples can become compressed or distorted into a wedge-like shape
- Damaged nipples
- Heart shaped tongue baby
What is a Frenectomy and Frenulectomy?
A Frenectomy tongue procedure, also called a Frenulectomy, is a common and highly successful intervention option. We can refer you to trusted, expert providers to learn more about how your child can benefit from a frenectomy tongue intervention.